US Foods Delivery Driver - Weatherford, OK in Weatherford, Oklahoma
The primary function of this position is to drive a tractor trailer and manually unload, using a hand truck or two-wheeler on metal truck ramps, various products (meats, produce, frozen foods, groceries, dry goods, equipment and supplies) to customer drop-off sites while providing excellent customer service. Return the empty trailer to the distribution center. All functions must be completed in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. May also be called upon to do duties of Backhaul or Shuttle Driver.
To watch a realistic preview of the US Foods' Delivery Driver job please click here .You will be redirected to the US Foods' Careers page.
Delivery Driver – Weatherford, OK
$2500 Sign On Bonus
$1000 Employee Referral Bonus
Full range of benefits offered on your hire date including medical, dental and vision, company paid short term disability and life; 401(k), with match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), paid holidays and vacations
Perform all pre-trip responsibilities including: obtaining and reviewing driver itinerary, checking route numbers and account numbers for assigned deliveries, counting items and checking customer invoices of products that have been loaded, moving tractors to the loading dock to attach the preloaded trailers, completing required trailer temperature checks and performing pre-trip safety check inspections of trucks and trailers according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
Drive to and deliver customer orders to meet the scheduled customer times and maintain adequate productivity rate to meet delivery schedules. Use electronic time keeping system to log in time at customer site.
Visually survey customer's site during the approach to determine hazards.
Unload products from the trailer with a hand truck or by hand and place items in designated customer storage areas.
Verify delivery of correct items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where required. Contact division management for authorization of invoice discrepancies and communicate all errors and returns.
As requested by management, drive backhauls which requires picking up product from vendors and bring back to warehouse for receiving while staying within DOT Hours of Service (HOS) regulations.
Return tractor and trailer to division when route is completed.
Perform all post-trip responsibilities: unloading damaged goods and customer returns and completing necessary paperwork; performing safety checks on the truck and trailer, unhooking and securing the trailer; fueling (as required by the division); parking and securing the tractor and hand truck; completing DOT logs (electronic or manual as required) and company vehicle maintenance reports (DVIR) and reconcile these with the appropriate company representative as required.
Attend all required company meetings and adhere to all safety practices and company policies.
Follow distribution center shift times and continue until the work is completed within DOT HOS regulations. Some Holiday, Saturday, Sunday, and overnight deliveries may be required.
Must satisfactorily complete all company mandated trainings and assessments including the US Foods' Driver Onboarding program.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations. Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide) and ability to work with money collected from customers to ensure the amount collected matches the invoiced amount.
- Minimum six months commercial driving experience or three months foodservice or food and beverage delivery experience required. Experience delivering food products preferred.
- Must be able to use or learn to use, all equipment, global positioning systems (GPS) i.e. XATA, POD, and tools used to perform the job. Must be able to perform all job functions safely. Must be able to work the scheduled/assigned times and required overtime for the position. Must know/have ability to learn material safety data sheet information regarding all material used within the scope of the work. Must be able to perform coupling procedures for the Tractor/Trailer. Must have excellent customer service skills. Must successfully complete the DOT written examination for drivers and pass a controlled substance abuse screening test. Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions, including applying tire chains if needed. Must adhere to all safety practices and company policies. Ability to operate manual transmission preferred.
- No more than two convictions in the past two year period for traffic violations. No more than one of these may be a serious as defined by DOT (e.g., leaving scene of an accident, reckless driving, homicide/assault, eluding police, at fault offense, refusing a breathalyzer test, committing a felony with a vehicle) violation or result of an accident - company or private vehicle; No DUI convictions within past three years, regardless of type of vehicle operated; no driver's license suspension within past three years (insurance and overweight tickets are excluded); and no termination by previous employer for failure to comply with safety regulations or for accident involvement.
- May spend significant amounts of time out-of-doors, exposed to potentially difficult environmental conditions. May be subject to irregular work schedules, temperature and weather extremes, long trips, short notice for assignment of a trip, tight delivery schedules, delays en route and other stresses and fatigue related to driving a large commercial motor vehicle on crowded streets and highways in all kinds of weather. Must spend the majority of working time in the truck, exposed to noise and vibration levels which may be higher than those typically experienced in passenger cars.
MOS CODE: Motor Transport Operator
Military Skills and Experience Crosswalk
Visit O*Net to see how your service aligns with US Foods roles: www.onetonline.org/crosswalk/MOC/
Must be able to: pass DOT physical, work in extreme weather conditions and perform the following activities for described length of time:OCCASIONALLY(O):1%-33% FREQUENTLY(F):34%-66% CONTINUOUSLY(C):67%-100% Never(N):0%Stand: FWalk: FDrive: FSit: FLIFTING and CARRYING:1-10lbs Lift: O Carry: O10-20lbs Lift: F Carry: O25-50lbs Lift: F Carry: O50-100 bs Lift: O Carry: OOver 100lbs Lift: O Carry: NPush/pull: F e.g. Hand truck, gate, straps, metal ramp, truck door, dolly, boxes, truck gear shiftClimb/balance: F e.g. In/Out Truck/Trailer (2 vertical step 12” and 20”) to cab. On/Off ramp to ground level and side door steps (6) and Platform of trailer. Stairs, truck and delivery ramps.Stoop/squat: OKneel: OBend: FReach above shoulder: OGrasp objects: F e.g. Hand truck, boxes, cartons; C e.g. Steering wheelManipulate objects: F e.g. Boxes, dolly, metal truck ramp, hand truck, paper work, truck gate, straps. C e.g. truck gear shiftTwist: F
Primary Location: Weatherford-OK
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Delivery
Job Level: Individual Contributor