US Foods Field Effectiveness Captain in Phoenix, Arizona
Primarily responsible for the coordination of National Sales initiatives across the organization through the Field Effectiveness and Deployment teams. Collaborates directly with National Sales Executive Leadership and Transformation Planning to support the refinement and deployment of processes and tools. In addition, conducts the roll out for ongoing, customer facing cross functional initiatives across the enterprise as well as technical trainings. Ensures each effort follows USF best practice and, in doing so, drives and tracks projected value for the business by equipping relevant stakeholders with the tools and information they need to effectively conduct USF programs and ways of working. Dedicated to National Sales at the corporate and regional levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Integrates with National Sales workstreams (as needed) and collaborates with Director of Field Effectiveness and National Sales leaders to align on strategies and execution.
· Leverages initiative or training playbook created by the relevant function, in collaboration with VP Field Ops Planning guidance, to become an expert on a given effort;
· Consistently follows best practice deployment design and approach, as described by VP Field Operations Planning, Director Field Effectiveness and SVP Deployment;
· Uses change management and coaching skills to influence and lead stakeholders affected by a new initiative or receiving training;
· Builds strong working relationships with corporate, regional and area leadership to ensure a collaborative execution of a given initiative;
· Taps into regional support resources as needed in a given deployment design;
· Proactively resolves any issues that may arise throughout a roll out in a given market; escalates to Field Effectiveness Director, SVP Deployment and/or VP Field Operations Planning as appropriate;
· Continually tracks and communicates progress updates and key learnings to ensure Deployment and function leadership are up to date and that best practices are codified;
· Maintains flexibility to quickly adapt to a new initiative and often manages multiples initiatives or trainings at one time;
· As needed, carries out second touch efforts and field readiness assessments to ensure the field is well-prepared to initiate or successfully conclude an effort.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, or other relevant areas is required.
· Seeking prior leadership experience within National Sales, Local Sales, Merchandising or Supply Chain, where candidate gained both functional experience and deep business problem solving expertise;
· Food distribution experience preferred.
Must possess outstanding written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively deliver high level presentations. Must demonstrate a keen ability to influence others, at all levels of the organization. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of implementing and problem solving through high impact initiatives across a large organization. Must demonstrate an effective project management skill set. The role requires intermediate proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Must possess an intermediate understanding of business and sales acumen and have the ability to apply those successfully on a day to day basis.
Primary Location: Phoenix-AZ
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Sales Support/Admin
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time