US Foods Sales Specialist Manager in Memphis, Tennessee
Lead, coach and develop the Specialists within the Area. Align with Area Leadership on key priorities. Proactively identifies sales opportunities and motivates team to drive penetration and growth of assigned category through consultative sales activities for targeted customers, with and without Sellers. Allocate and deploy Specialists against highest potential opportunities related to their areas of expertise. Conduct Specialist work-with’s to coach, develop and support Specialists.
Coach who builds high performing teams; proactively identifies sales opportunities and motivates their team to capitalize on them
• Acts like an owner by using good business judgement to coach and develop Specialist team across multiple Markets to a higher level of performance. Coaches their team on how to support Sellers in opening new accounts and penetrating existing accounts with highest potential.
• Conduct field support/work-with sessions to identify necessary coaching and developmental opportunities; conduct quarterly and annual performance reviews with Specialists team and continually review and verify that the sales organization is appropriately staffed and managed to minimize turnover, making changes and adjustments as necessary.
Leader who sets direction and inspires followership by promoting collaboration across the Area; builds effective working relationships and removes barriers
• Results-oriented; reviews Specialist dashboard weekly to identify gaps in sales objectives; proactively takes action and drives continuous improvement
• Participate in Sales planning meetings with Area Sales & Merchandising leadership to allocate and deploy Specialists’ resources against highest potential penetration, conversion, and new account prospect opportunities
• Acts as a trusted advisor who understands how actions and decisions impact the team; collaborates on customer accounts via CRM (SFDC), drives adoption by team
• Partner with Category Management to provide market intelligence and help “go to market” strategy
• Assign/deploy broker activity in partnership with Area DSS; provide brokers a list of EB conversions and potential white space opportunities to work on our behalf
Brand Ambassador that conveys energy and enthusiasm for our brand; understands and articulates the US Foods Customer Experience
• Compelling Communicator; able to understand, articulate and deliver the value of US Foods offers its customers
• Highly visible and influential with customers and in the marketplace; knows the competition
• Coaches team to identify cross merchandising opportunities; advocate for our systems / technology (SOUS, USF Online / Mobile, etc)
• Team Up: Engages the right people, in the right way, at the right time; proactively looks for opportunities to help others
• Second to None: Challenges the status quo every day to be the best; actively seeks out opportunities to develop yourself and others
• Talk Straight: Seeks the truth and exchanges objective feedback. Responds to feedback in order to improve performance.
• Walk the Talk: Takes accountability to deliver upon their commitments; demonstrates drive and determination to accomplish goals
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Education/Training : Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
Related Experience : Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Sales required. At least two (2) years of previous management/supervisory experience required. Foodservice/distribution, restaurant/culinary or food manufacturing experience required.
· Strong people management skills required; Proven experience and effectiveness in leading and coaching a large team of people required.
· Must be self-directed and highly motivated.
· Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills, as well as solid presentation skills required.
· Must possess a solid, strong business acumen and sales orientation.
· Consultative selling skills required.
· Working knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Word is required.
· Experience using CRM Tool preferred.
MOS Code: Culinary Specialist; Distribution Management Specialist or Officer; 1st Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers
Military Skills and Experience Crosswalk
Visit O*Net to see how your service aligns with US Foods roles: www.onetonline.org/crosswalk/MOC/
Primary Location: Memphis-TN
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Brand Management
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time