US Foods Lead Delivery Driver-Fort Myers, FL in Fort Myers, Florida
Join Our Community of Food People!
Lead Delivery Driver-Fort Myers, FL
• Deliver products to customers safely within allotted time, according to routing instructions
• Hand-stack cases onto hand dolly from truck and wheel it into customer accounts (150-250 lbs. average)
• Maneuver tractor-trailer into loading and unloading position safely in/out of customer’s loading area
• Continuous quality customer service during interactions with customers and fellow employees
• Collection and accountability of money for cash-on-delivery (C.O.D.) accounts
• Obtain customer’s signature on invoices upon delivery of product, notating damaged/returned cases
• Maintain log books and manifest records (on-board computer and/or written) and adhere to all Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) laws and regulations
• Conduct and report pre-trip and post-trip inspections on tractor-trailer
• Neat and well-maintained appearance of self and uniform
• Resolve issues that arise on daily basis with drivers equipment i.e. tractors or trailers
• Conduct sunrise inspections to ensure drivers are performing proper pre and post trip inspections and ensure drivers have all appropriate paper work.
• Conduct driver observations/ride along to ensure drivers are performing proper delivery work methods and safety procedures.
• Conduct audits of driver paper work and DVIR’s as well as driver collections.
• Conduct all new driver training to ensure all work methods, company policies, and safety procedures are properly implemented.
• Communicate issues found while conducting training or observations to supervisor.
• Conduct driver safety stand up meetings and additional driver training meetings.
· Additional duties as assigned
EEO Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*
Education/Training: High School Diploma/GED preferred. Must be able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations. Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide) and ability to
work with money collected from customers to ensure the amount collected matches the invoiced amount. Must have a valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL), Class A issued by the state of legal residence with the necessary endorsements
and be DOT qualified.
Experiences: Minimum 1 year commercial driving experience required or six months foodservice or food and beverage delivery experience required. Experience delivering food products preferred.
No more than two convictions in the past two year period for traffic violations. No more than one of these may be a serious (as defined by DOT) violation or result of an accident - company or private vehicle; No DUI convictions within past three years, regardless of type of vehicle operated; no driver's license suspension within past three years (insurance and overweight tickets are excluded); and no termination by previous employer for failure to comply with safety regulations or for accident involvement within the past three years.
EOE* Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*
COMMITTED TO PROTECTING OUR CANDIDATES, ASSOCIATES AND CUSTOMERS
We're continually updating our safety procedures and taking every measure to ensure the protection of our candidates, associates and customers. Our workplace safety efforts include using sanitized interview rooms, social distancing, providing masks and gloves and sanitizing truck cab interiors. We also have COVID-19 Wellness Checks for anyone entering our facilities and safety barriers in select locations in our production facilities. To help our customers make it in this challenging time, we’re providing robust support including webinars, one-on-one consults with our experts and detailed reopening materials.
US Foods is proud to have donated $10 million in food to help with COVID-19 relief efforts to help our local communities make it. Learn more here .
US Foods is one of America’s great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 300,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With 28,000 employees and more than 70 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill., and generates more than $28 billion in annual revenue. Visit www.usfoods.com to learn more.
US Foods may collect personal information from you in connection with the application process. US Foods complies with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, and its policy may be found here at https://www.usfoods.com/content/dam/usf/pdf/Policies/HR/USFCCPApolicy.pdf .
US Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EEO is the Law poster is available here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf .
EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf .
Pay Transparency policy statement is available here at https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp%20EnglishformattedESQA508c.pdf .